Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: Tomato and Asparagus "Carbonara"

Yesterday I posted a recipe for Tomato and Asparagus "Carbonara".  You can find a link to the recipe in my previous post.

I started by doubling the recipe since I had a large box of penne.  I created the egg and cheese mixture first to make sure it had time to come to room temperature before I mixed it in with the hot pasta.  I also wasn't aware that Beth had pulled up our basil out of the garden for the season so I used a little dry Italian Seasoning instead.  I increased the time for sauteing the vegetables as well to make sure the asparagus was cooked.

Recipe was pretty easy to follow and delicious.  The tomatoes were ridiculously hot and I warned the kids about burning their mouths but they still complained, even after they had cooled.  Like most things, it was better with a little extra salt but the recipe called for seasoning to taste so its up to you.  If you can boil pasta, crack an egg, and saute some vegetables, this is an easy to complete recipe that is hearty and fresh.  Give it a try.

Eat Well!
Otto

No comments:

Post a Comment